Point Lynas Lighthouse stands proud on the North East coast of Anglesey.
The lighthouse is in a nice quiet and secluded spot within it’s own grounds. A great looking archway marks the entrance to the lighthouse building with two keepers cottages either side.
Originally built in 1766 it was located a few hundred metres south of its current position. It’s previous purpose was to offer shelter to the Liverpool pilots, a lighthouse was only added in 1779.
The current lighthouse is from 1825 and is on the end of headland. This high perch means the lighthouse does not look like the stereotypical structure. There is no need for a tall tower, instead the light is inside a quaint castle type building.
A great feature of the area the lighthouse is based is the marine life. Point Lynas is one of the best spots on Anglesey to spot Dolphins and Harbour Porpoise.
Point Lynas Lighthouse is located at:
Llaneilian, Amlwch, Anglesey LL68 9LT